In light of the decision of the Emergency Management Team announced this morning by President Bravman, please take note of the following critical pieces of information:
- The ELC and the University Switchboard will remain open Monday night for any emergencies, including for off-campus students who may have to vacate their housing. Please sign in at the Switchboard on the second floor of the ELC upon arrival.
- For those students who are concerned about families in affected areas, Residential Education staff are available to assist. Please contact your RA. Public Safety can also be reached at 570-577-3333 and the Switchboard is 570-577-2000.
- For your safety if there is flooding, please avoid the Rt 15 tunnel and the St. George Street tunnel. With high wind gusts, please watch for flying debris, including trees and limbs.
- Only drive if it is an emergency situation. You can help others by staying indoors. And please limit use of electricity.
- The Grove on lower campus is closed as a precaution due to high winds and falling debris. Please use main sidewalks on Loomis and Walker.
- The Downtown shuttle will complete its last run by 8pm tonight (Monday) and resume tomorrow (Tuesday) at noon.
- Harris lot is the most susceptible for flooding and you should move your vehicle on Monday as a precaution if you are parked in that lot. Certain other areas on and around campus are subject to flooding under such conditions, particularly on S. 5th, S. 6th, St. George, Walker and Loomis Sts., and near Harris, Hunt, Vedder and Larison Halls.
- Because of falling leaves and drainage, the Gateway parking lot also has the potential to flash flood. The Bull Run Creek in that area is capable of flooding quite suddenly, without warning signs. Persons who typically park in those lots and streets should relocate their vehicles on Monday to the Upper Stadium parking lot, the new South Campus parking lot, the west side of the Stadium, the BU West parking lot, or any available uphill parking location, again only as a precaution. The new South Campus Parking Lot is available for those off-campus students who have not registered their vehicles.
- Of particular importance to off-campus students: the Lewisburg Borough aerial siren should sound should flooding become imminent.
- 5th Trax will be available for staff who need sleeping accommodations. Keys may be obtained at the Switchboard.
- When the university is open, the staff handbook provides staff members with certain options according to their individual circumstances. Staff members in positions not designated as essential services who believe that their safety may be threatened by the weather conditions, are not required to remain or report to work. Hours missed on such occasions may be charged against compensatory time, the floating holiday, vacation time, or made up during the pay period, as stated in the Staff Handbook (p. 69). Please discuss the situation with your supervisor so that they have up-to-date information concerning your attendance. Staff members in positions designated as essential services need to communicate with their supervisors concerning work schedules and the need to report to work or remain at work.
Please continue to watch for more specific information and instructions sent via these Campus Alert emails and the University’s Facebook and Twitter accounts: www.facebook.com/BucknellU and twitter.com/BucknellU
Campus Alert Center